Tuesday, May 22, 2012

244th-Tuesday

Seriously... NOTHING special.

but lets just hear what's on my mind today.

I'm really itching to run. And since I can't, I eat a lot. Really, I am craving everything, and to tell you the truth, I'm sort of enjoying the luxury of eating. I've been chomping cupcakes, cliff bars, huge amazing salads, and chocolate. But in no way has this replaced running. =[

In place of running, yoga has been my fallback plan. Marie got this amazing yoga matt and it seems to always be out nowadays since I'm using it constantly.
this is what I'm practicing:

I've only gotten to a "forearm handstand"...soon.

From this whole "break" from running, I've learned a lot of things about myself and I'm going to try to incorporate a few things once I start training again.

  1. my legs actually feel a lot stronger once I healed from the race and stayed "off" my feet. Really, I can feel a HUGE difference just riding my bike or walking around. I think this has to do with the fact that while training, I stopped "resting" and "stretching" enough. So, in lieu of that, I will make sure I rest between each run and focus more on quality of the runs rather than the mileages of my weeks. I know I say this over and over again, but I think I've learned the hard way and I can't afford another injury.
  2. I'm going to start doing at least 30 min of yoga in the morning to really loosen my muscles so they can heal properly each day. And after each run, I will stretch, use a foam roller, and ice if needed. This is seriously important so my ligaments don't tighten up and cause pressure injury.
  3. I'm bringing water with me on each run, no exceptions. I've noticed that hygrations has had a major affect on my rebound between each run. I didn't want to have any "extra" weight, but I really need to make a huge difference on my consumption of water. period.
Those are my 3 major points that I want to focus on in order to improve my endurance. Also, since I'm almost officially out of school, I will hopefully get more sleep. 

Thank you for listening!

What's your favorite yoga pose?
-Plank. booya!


2 comments:

  1. haha shoulder stands are so hard though! yeah, the crow was my favorite for a while, it made me feel super pro, but it gives my arms bruises.

    ReplyDelete