Thursday, February 2, 2012

333rd-run

So, I sad I would be letting things go before my school started so I can get to the things that need to be done. I've made a small list and so far I've been pretty good at sticking to them.

here it is:

  • No Netflix (unless with Loren)
  • No alcohol
  • Less useless time on the net
  • bed before 11
Here is what I want to replace it with:
  • Reading more books 
  • writing in my journal
  • Arts and crafts!
  • Studying (excited no, don't laugh when I start to complain)
  • running
  • being outside
Today was my second out of 14 days that I went on a run, set out to complete my goal. Maybe I should take a step back and explain my goal a little more thoroughly. If you haven't already checked out my list of goals yet, you should. I made a pact to myself on Christmas day after I ran a total of 10 miles. I said, "I will sign up for my first 1/2 marathon after I stick to a training plan for at least two entire weeks without slipping once." I thought this would be easy, like I'd be searching for a marathon by now. But no. It's already February(just learned how to spell that month, and now I'm re-learning how to say it. lol) and I still keep ducking out. But I'm back and I feel Great! 

Here is my training Regimen:

Now, I'v been wanting to run a marathon for al long as I can remember. Ever since I ran my first race in junior high I wanted to be a runner. But typical me, I flaked out because of being to shy to be on a team. 
I've heard many times before, and its written everywhere: marathons are extremely hard. But not impossible. They require lots of training for your mind and body and it takes time to get your body to where you want it to be. 
Knowing me, I'm not that patient and it shows. In the past I've pushed my body to the limits over and over trying to get the results I needed to accomplish a goal. All that left me with where sore muscles and lack of motivation to keep going. I'm not new to training, but It's taking a lot of time for me to stick to the plan and listening to my own body.
That's why my goal on christmas day was not to sign up for a marathon. I knew it would take a lot more effort than that. So I promised myself that I would sign after the 14 days of sticking to the plan. 
Go at your own pace!

This is day two, and I'm feeling great! I'm going to need all the support I can get, so stand by my side and help me through this.
I am so aware that school starts next week and it's going to make it that much tougher, but I kno if I don't get my legs in shape over this semester, I wont get to a marathon for another year. This is it!

Right after the run:

Right before work:
First time I braided my hair in years!!! (so happy)




Do you have a way to sticking to your goals?





No comments:

Post a Comment