Sunday, January 22, 2012

344th-sew

One thing I've learned for the three weeks of this blog is that I'm not in the same mood every day. Now it's not always such a drastic change but it means I'm not always in the mood to sew or to craft. Through writing each post I realize I'm not always inspired. Now, I could give you a list of "reasons" or "excuses" for not feeling creative or motivated but there would be no use. It would change my desire. What I can say is that through this blog, I have learned how to channel a self-motive each and every day (through thick and thin) to get up and do the things I know I like, even if I don't "feel" like it.
It's really hard for me to know where I'm going to take this blog, or where it's going to take me, but I do know that it has only been doing good things...even if I stay up late just to finish a post.

On another note, while blog surfing, I ran into my next project:
A romper. Always wanter one. Now I get to make one!



Now, knowing me, I'm going to want to make it with the smallest budget possible. AKA using fabric I own, or thrifting it up. Now, lucky for me, I already have a bunch of un-used jersey T's, but what I'm missing is some lace. Without the lace, there's nothing special or feminine about the romper. What I've learned over the years is this: Its ok to use old shirts/fabric for a sewing project, but if you want it to look nice, classy, and new, you need finishing touch. weather it be buttons, silk, hemming, or lace, it needs to be there. 
So, for the romper, Imma get me some lace!

2 comments:

  1. That is so true; the finishing touches can make or break an entire project. But you've always been good at that, hence the millions of little buttons in ceramics class etc. And I like the word "romper". It's like you don't even need to know what you're saying, the sound alone lets you know its awesome!
    I can't wait to see it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, romper right? its like not even knowing what it is you think. Yes I'll do it! lol, I just found out the word and I can't stop saying it.
    But... mine is not turning out so great...

    ReplyDelete