Monday, January 9, 2012

357-run

Working at the River Cafe has been a great experience and I'll be sad to leave it. Mostly. The excitement of another job is almost overwhelming, especially re-writing my resume and cover letters. I haven't even thought about my interview outfit. I've come so close to the my co-workers that leaving them will be a bummer, especially after all we've been through with this cafe. The transition must be quick though, school will be starting soon, And I don't want a job search to get in the way of study. By all means, this semester has to be strong in order to keep a high GPA.
After a long day at work, my feet where sore already but I had to fit in a small rug. It has been almost a week of rest and my body was thirsty for some real exercise This time at the gym I decided to go with a 2.5 mile run which was small and short and my ankle still managed to ache in the same spot. also my knees where a bit sore as well. This is my last sign and I know now I need to see a professional to get it all checked out.
do you ever have problems when you run?

*note: major mistake on post 359!
I just realized that I printed a 2013 calendar instead of a 2012 which is a serious bummer! I was so excited and enthused while doing it I must have chosen the wrong year. Now all that time wasted (sort of, at least I learned a lot) and now I need to re-stain more and make a whole new batch.
Idea: I might do a triple batch so I can have a few left for decorative printing or misc. things. I printed a tree for testing and I think I want it framed (it's that cute).

What kind of theme is your room decorated as? Do you have colors that make you feel good?


BTW: I love this headband, only thing I wish I made it. The only problem is I don't know how to knit. Any suggestions? 


Projects I'm working on:
Pajama Pants
shelf 
calendar(again)
resume
new cupcake stitch sweater
apron
organize organize organize!

4 comments:

  1. First of all, you look gorgeous. Second, notice how there are mugs in both or your pictures:)

    I want to help you with finding a job. I'm not a master at writing resumes or going to interviews, BUT, Shian and I went to a Worker's Force office last week (a governmentally funded program nation wide to help people find jobs) and I picked up a couple packets on how to write a resume. On my blog you with find a page titled "Information" (next to "Home" and "About This Girl".) I've uploaded a couple scans of the templets for a resume and a cover page. It's pretty basic but I hope it helps.

    Good Luck! I can't wait to hear what job you're looking for:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    Loren has really helped (and scolded me) with my resume and cover letter. He is even making me act out my interview with really tough questions to answer.
    I really appreciate all the help and support.
    I think I'm going to crochet the headband =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should. And I wanted to request a car freshoner? I could totally use one, and you're are so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha ofcourse! mine is now my room freshener. mmm =]

    ReplyDelete